BRAKE DISC Literature
- What is residual stress?
- Comparison chart of the performance difference with/without a heat treatment
- What is Heat treatment process?
- Benefits of slots and a heat-treatment on a race circuit
- Brake Disc Material
- The structure and the shape of a brake disc
- The precision machining of brake discs
- Bedding-in brake discs
- Advantages and disadvantages of having slots
- What is the heat resistance temperature of brake discs?
Understanding BRAKE FLUIDS
- How to choose the most suitable brake fluid for your car
- What is DOT specification?
- What is boiling point temperature?
- Why is a low boiling point temperature not acceptable?
- What is percent water by volume?
- The higher the DOT number, the higher the brake fluid performance ?
- Which DOT specification is best for race circuit use?
- Why don't most of racing brake fluid meet DOT specifications?
- Racing brake fluid (characteristics and functions)
- Is it safe to use racing brake fluid for street-use?
- Which DOT spec should be used for circuit driving?
- How frequently should brake fluid be replaced?
- What is Super DOT4?
- Is soft viscosity at low temp. such as DOT5.1 makes soft pedal touch feel at circuit ?
- Is it safe to mix old and new fluid ? Or, is mix of different grade fluid ?
- What could be the volume required for replacement ?